It’s a cold breezy night here in our place and everybody in the house asked me if what is my plan for Christmas Eve Dinner and tadaaaah! Roasted chicken in citrus popped in my mind. So, I decided to share it with you guys because this is my very first time to cook for my family. Let’s get started!
1 (5 to 6-pound) whole roasting chicken
1 tsp. Salt
2 tbsp. Freshly ground black pepper
1 Grapefruit quartered
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup fresh grapefruit juice
4-6 stalks Lemon grass, crushed
1/2 cup Soy Sauce
1. Marinate the chicken in grapefruit juice, lemon juice, and soy sauce for 5-6 hours or overnight.
2. Position the rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 300°F
3. Rub the chicken cavity with salt and pepper
4. Stuff the chicken with the lemon and lemongrass and tuck in the neck inside the cavity.
5. Roast in turbo broiler at 300°F for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, occasionally baste skin with butter.
6. Roast until golden brown. Serve with pork liver sauce or spicy sauce.
Here’s the CITRUS ROASTED CHICKEN perfect for Christmas Dinner with your family!
Yuum! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE BON APPETIT! Hope you enjoyed! 💝