🎶 Last Christmas, I gave you my heart
But the very next day you gave it away
This year, to save me from tears
I’ll give it to someone special 🎤🎶
Ooops excuse my voice! >.< But I made something for youuu because you’re someone special and I know you deserve the best. I made some adorable sweet delights to make your holiday extra sweet and magical!
I’m so excited for Yuletide Season because that’s my favorite part of the year! It brings back memories and plenty of childhood moments like dreaming of having a white Christmas someday because we live in a tropical country where snow is not possible :((
Sooo anyway, here’s how I made my sumptuous treat for you! My favorite red velvet with a twist!
- 2 large eggs – room temperature and separated
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup refined sugar
- 4 drops of liquid or gel red food coloring
- 1/2 cup (120ml) buttermilk, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- With a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat 2 egg whites on high speed in a medium bowl until soft peaks form, about 2-3 minutes. Then set aside.
- Sift the flour and cornstarch together to make sure it is evenly combined. Whisk this, along with baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- I used handheld mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. You can also use stand mixer. Beat the butter on high speed for 1 minute until creamy. Add the sugar and beat on high speed for 2 minutes until mixed together evenly well. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed. Add the oil and beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 egg yolks following the vanilla. Beat on medium-high speed until mixed. Beat in the vinegar and the food color. With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients in three additions. Do not overmix. Fold whipped egg whites into cupcake batter with a rubber spatula. The batter will be silky and a bit thick.
- Spoon batter into cupcake liners filling 1/2. Bake for 20-21 minutes or until the tops of the cupcakes spring back when gently touched and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool cupcakes and transfer into rack.
For the frosting:
- 8 ounces cream cheese – room temperature
- 3 drops Green Food Coloring
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter – room temperature
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Pink Sprinkles
- BRACHS Mini Peppermint Candy Canes
- In a medium bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment beat the cream cheese and butter together until smooth and creamy.
- Add 3 confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and salt. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then switch to high speed and beat for 2 minutes.
P.S. Please consume on or before Christmas to fill your heart with joy and love! 💖💖💖
Thank you so much! Hoping that I tickled your inner sweet tooth! 😛